Although the three parts of the trivium are applied to all learning for all students (regardless of age), they are most often understood in application to the developmental age of the students.
Our Grammar stage lays the foundation for all future studies.
The first stage, grammar, is not the “subject” of grammar; rather, it is the study of the basic facts of different subjects.
The aim at this stage is to give the students the tools to master the elements of language and to develop a general framework of knowledge. Along the way, students are taught and expected to make an application of logic and rhetoric, so as each student matures, mastery of these elements emerges.
Our goal in preschool is to prepare students for the coming rigors of school by creating in them an
We accomplish this by working on various skills.
The outline below shows when subjects/concepts are introduced.
|Pre-K||- Phonological Awareness Skills
- Rhyming and Rhythm
- Breaking Sentences into Words
- Basic Number Skills
- 26 Phonograms
- Fine and Gross Motor Skills
- Exploring God’s Creation Through Science
- Simple Bible Stories
- 55 Phonograms
- Penmanship Clock Method
- Master Faster Spelling Program
- Oral Reading
- Saxon Math
- Science: 7 Days of Creation
- Choir (Sing the Word)
- Memory (ABC’s of Scripture)
- Art (Craft & Fine Motor Skills)
- 72 Phonograms
- Oral Reading Sheets
- Science: Apologia Science Rotation
- Choir (Fundamentals)
- Scripture Memory
- Greek and Latin roots
- McGuffey Reader & Chapter Books
- Italic Print
- Lessons in Writing
- Aesop’s Fables
- Italic Cursive
- Science: Apologia’s Human Body
- Grammar: Bridge to the Latin Road
- History: Kentucky
- Geography: Kentucky
- Literature: Integrated with History & Geography
- Choir: Singing & Studying Famous Composers
- Music: Beginning Recorder
Parents enrolling students in grades K - 4th are required to attend phonogram training. Training session dates are announced in early spring.
Training and testing is part of our Application Process.
All newly enrolled students entering grades first through fourth must pass a phonogram proficiency test.
Information on dates and times will be received after classes begin.
© 2014 - 2022
Sayers Classical Academy.
All rights reserved.